Responsible for troubleshooting, repairing and maintaining mechanical equipment and facility. Assist with the installation, repair and maintenance of equipment and facility systems and ensure they are installed according to manufacturer and management’s specifications. Candidates must be multi-trade mechanical experienced on industrial equipment. This position is integral in helping to ensure the company successfully delivers superior service and value to all customers.
POSITION ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Perform routine maintenance on lift trucks, tools, equipment and facility
- Complete necessary documentation on completed tasks
- Monitor the efficiency and safety of the facility and equipment.
- Work with electric, hydraulic and pneumatic tools, equipment and conveyor systems.
- Repair/replace motor transmission parts (i.e. Pulley, Sheaves, belts, bearings, shafts).
- Corrective welding and some fabrication of parts, frames & structures.
- Understand the basics of pipe fitting and fabrication.
- Recognize applicable information from blueprints, schematics and equipment manuals
- Assist production in the cleaning and assembly of production equipment.
- Assist with plumbing, heating, and/or air conditioning functions
- Assist production with the operation of production equipment.
- Assist in cleaning your work areas.
- Assist in training production associates about the operation of production equipment.
- Follow safe and efficient troubleshooting and repair techniques.
- Maintain equipment, facilities and tools.
- Follow the preventative maintenance program.
- Repair and maintain powered industrial trucks and forklifts.
- Other duties may be assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or GED and at least three (3) years experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong ability to communicate with others regarding pertinent information and issues on each job and for training, presenting and instructing company personnel, contacts and vendors.
- Above average ability to understand issues and problems and walk through steps to troubleshoot.
- Basic mathematical ability to solve problems and discern measurements.
- Must be able to enter information into programs on a computer.
- Be able to utilize the internet for sourcing of information and components.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Proficient in operating machines, forklift, aerial lift and floor cleaning machine and become certified on such machines.
- Proficient in mechanical and hand tools, forklifts, welding equipment, drill press, saws and amp meter.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Ability to work alone and interact with others.
- Must own basic tools that will enable performance of the work.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position requires the ability to stand for long periods of time.
- This position requires the ability to push, pull, bend, lift, carry and move material with weight up to 65 pounds.
- This position requires good communication skills and the ability to express oneself clearly.
- This position requires the ability to perform focused work with close attention to detail. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- This position requires use of mechanical and electrical equipment, and moving objects.
- This work takes place in a production environment.
- This position requires working with dirt/dust and noise.
- Use of eye and ear protection is required throughout the entire shift.
- This position requires working around, with and in various temperature conditions.
- This position requires work on platforms, climbing stairs and ladders, being off the ground and under equipment.
- This work is fast-paced and deadline-oriented and requires flexibility within the work day including overtime hours including some Saturday’s.
- This position requires a strong ability to handle multiple tasks.
Butler MacDonald Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability or veteran’s status. Butler MacDonald is committed to operating a “Drug Free Workplace” per-employment drug testing is required.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $24.00 – $29.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Industrial maintenance: 1 year (Preferred)
- Mechanical knowledge: 1 year (Preferred)
- Conveyor installation: 1 year (Preferred)
- Forklift Maintenance: 1 year (Preferred)
- Electrical: 1 year (Preferred)
- Fabrication: 1 year (Preferred)
- Machinists, Welders & Machine Operators: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location